GREEN FOREST ARKANSAS

Green Forest

Home
Welcome
Elected Officials
City Council Meetings
Planning & Zoning
Water Department
Wastewater Dept.
Police Department
Parks & Recreation
Animal Control
Fire Department
Other Departments
New Contact Info

A Little History of Our Town

John Scott was the first settler to come to the area in 1828. The town was named Scott's Prairie. On February 22, 1895, the town was renamed Green Forest. Population in 1900 was 469. Our current population is 2,717.

TOWN FACTS:

 

bullet1854-The First Baptist Church was organized.
bulletNovember 16, 1855-The Post Office was established.
bullet1860-Mr. Edward Harbert built the first residence.
bullet1883-Green Forest had its first school.
bullet1889-The Green Forest Tribune was published.
bullet1901-We had the first telephone switchboard.
bullet1913-The First National Bank of Green Forest was chartered.
bulletJanuary 1935-Green Forest Public Library
bulletJune 26, 1937-First Assembly of God Church

E-mail us sandra@greenforestar.net

Copyright City of Green Forest 2003
Designed by Sandra Russell